Monday 9 October 2017

Rice Blend

Rice Blend

A few months ago I bought a package of different rices that had been mixed together and sold at one of the big box stores. It was ridiculously expensive, but I must admit it tasted fantastic. So when I looked at the ingredient list, I realized that I had all of the individual ingredients in my own pantry. After experimenting, this is the blend that I came up with.




Ingredients

2 cups brown basmati rice
1/2 cup black rice
1/2 cup wild rice
1/2 cup red rice

Cooking Ingredients

6 Tablespoons mushroom seasoning, optional , but adds a lot of flavour.                               

6 cups water

Directions

Mix all of the ingredients together in a pot and bring to a boil.

Reduce heat, cover  and simmer for 50 minutes.

Enjoy!




No comments:

Post a Comment