Sunday 8 January 2017

Vanilla Cake

Vanilla Cake

I found a recipe for a plant based vanilla cake online, but it was loaded with sugar and I do not like things sweet, so I adapted it to suit our tastes.Unfortunately I forgot to take a picture of the actual cake, but since I used it to make a trifle, I am showing a picture of that.






Ingredients

Wet Ingredients

2 1/2 cups flour
1/2 cup sugar
3/4 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt

Dry Ingredients

1 1/2 cup boiling water
3/4 cup applesauce, unsweetened, plus
2 Tblsp applesauce, unsweetened
2 Tblsp vanilla
3 Tblsp lemon juice

Directions

Line a 8 inch square pan with parchment paper.

Preheat oven to 350 F.

Mix the wet ingredients in a bowl.

Mix dry ingredients in a bowl.

Combine the two bowls and whisk.

Bake for 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.

Let cool on a rack.  Peel off parchment.

Enjoy!

Tip 

I used this cake in a trifle. I made it ahead of time and froze it. I let it defrost for 24 hours on the counter before using it.


No comments:

Post a Comment