Wednesday 25 May 2016

Sweet Chickpea Balls

Sweet Chickpea Balls

I was watching Chef AJ make a special treat made with peanuts, and I lamented that it looked so good, but  I can't eat nuts. Later that day, I was out shopping and came across some roasted chickpeas. Chickpeas were the only ingredient. So I decided to make my own version of Chef AJ's treat substituting roasted chickpeas for the nuts.





Ingredients

1 cup plain roasted chickpeas
1 1/4 cup date paste
1 tsp vanilla


Directions

Add chickpeas to the bowl of a food processor. Process until mixture is finely chopped, but NOT as fine as flour.

Add the dates and process until combined.

Add vanilla and process one more time

Mixture should hold together when pressed into a ball.

Using a tablespoon, scoop mixture into the palm of your hand and  form  into balls.

Repeat until all the dough has been used.

This makes about 24 balls.

Enjoy.




No comments:

Post a Comment