Saturday 16 April 2016

Kettle "Fried" Potato Chips

Kettle "Fried" Potato Chips



I have made oil free potato chips in the microwave many times, using parchment paper. But you are limited with the amount you can make because of the size of the microwave plate and it is so time consuming. But somewhere on the internet, I saw an ingenious idea. I wish I remembered where I saw this so I could give  credit. Using a wooden skewer, pierce each chip onto the skewer and then microwave. I took this one step further and used my spiral cutter. To my surprise, they turned out just like kettle fried potato chips, minus all that oil of course.

Ingredients

1 Potato
skewers ( size depends on the size of pan used)
microwaveable pan with sides ( skewers should be able to sit on top of each side, off the bottom of the pan)

Directions


 Spiral cut the potato using the smallest cutter. Place slices into water to avoid discolouration.

Thread the potato onto the skewer. Make sure you pierce the slices so they stay on the skewer. Do not crowd the slices.

Lay the filled skewers over top of the microwaveable pan. You do not want the slices to sit on the bottom. The skewer should be balanced on the sides of the pan.

Start microwaving. I start with 3 minutes and add time until the chips are nice and golden.The more potato slices on the skewer the longer it is going to take to cook  But be CAREFUL. These will burn quickly. I also found that sometimes the pieces on the end finish cooking before the centers. These pieces can be removed and then continue cooking the rest. But when you remove the chips from the skewer, they will be HOT.

Repeat until all the slices are used up

Enjoy.




No comments:

Post a Comment